miércoles, 8 de octubre de 2014

Ana has been forced to pull out of the Generali Ladies Linz due to a long-standing left hip injury.


Ana has been forced to pull out of the Generali Ladies Linz due to a long-standing left hip injury. 

The 26-year-old, seeded second in Austria, defeated France's Pauline Parmentier 6-3, 6-2 on Tuesday night but required treatment on her left hip, an injury that has afflicted her throughout the 2014 season: she sustained the injury at the Australian Open in January and withdrew from the Paris tournament soon after. The injury was managed but resurfaced during the summer. 
Ana retired from her opening round match in Wuhan with the same problem, and revealed that she was in some distress during her victory over Parmentier. 
 "I've been affected by this injury since the start of the summer," she said. @In the past few weeks it's gotten worse and I've been playing through the pain. "Against Parmentier I felt it throughout the match and it's gotten to a point that I can't go through it anymore. It feels like it's getting worse, so unfortunately I've made this decision to withdraw.
"It was a very tough decision to make, because I love competing here and I really wanted to win my third Generali Ladies Linz title. "That will have to wait for at least another year. Thanks to everyone who supported me last night: I hope to see you again soon." Ana has also withdrawn from the Kremlin Cup in Moscow, which takes place next week. 
She will rest and hope to be fit enough to compete in the WTA Finals, which take place in Singapore during October 20-26.

No hay comentarios: