domingo, 25 de octubre de 2015

Sharapova Win´s over Radwanska in Singapore 2015


The only two other times the two met at the WTA Finals they played three-hour-plus marathons, and this one looked headed the same way, with the No.5-seeded Radwanska toughing out a 56-minute first set and, after dropping the second set, bringing up three break points for a 2-0 lead in the third. But the No.3-seeded Sharapova never stopped fighting, saving all those break points and building a 5-2 lead, and after Radwanska closed the gap to 5-4, the Russian finally closed it out, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4. 


 It was Sharapova's first match win since Wimbledon - since leaving SW19, she had only played one match, a retirement loss in Wuhan, in between some major struggles with leg and forearm injuries. "This is my first completed match since July, so it's a pretty big deal for me!
" Sharapova said. "Coming into this event I did everything I could to be healthy. I just didn't quite know how my results would go. Even though I didn't play my best tennis today I still got through, and that's what matters, especially against such a tough competitor like Radwanska. We always have such close matches here.

No hay comentarios: