jueves, 1 de octubre de 2015

Venus into Semis of the Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open Wuhan 2015


Williams has had a stellar week of her own in Wuhan, winning her 700th career match to reach her sixth quarterfinal of 2015, and looked the fresher of the two in taking the opening set. Konta, however, would not go down without a fight, and showed what has become her signature grit to force the match into a decider and twice lead by a break in the final set. 
 The qualifier served for the match at 5-3, but the elder of the Williams sisters stepped up to sweep the contest from there, serving out a dramatic final game that saw Konta save a match point behind an audacious backhand volley. "I can't believe I'm standing here as the winner,
" Williams confessed during her on-court interview.
 "Johanna played so well; she's had a wonderful summer and beat so many players this tournament. It seemed like I was finished but I felt the energy of the crowd behind me. I felt so good!"

No hay comentarios: