sábado, 3 de octubre de 2015

Venus Williams conquers of the Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open Wuhan 2015


The early goings were close - the unseeded Williams and Garbiñe Muguruza, the No.5 seed, traded breaks twice in the first seven games, with Williams emerging out of that up 4-3 in the first set. 


But from there Muguruza, hampered by a left ankle injury, saw her level drop off while Williams' just got better, and after losing five straight games and the scoreline at 6-3, 3-0, Muguruza retired. 


 "Well, this is a sad day today," said Muguruza, who went first. "I'm very sorry I had to retire today, but I had a really amazing week here in Wuhan. I felt so much support from the crowd - it was great. "Also, I really want to congratulate Venus. She's always such a tough player and she had an amazing week, as well. For sure we'll play again soon, and it's going to be a tough match, of course."

No hay comentarios: