viernes, 9 de octubre de 2015

Radwanska advaces to semis of the china open 2015


It's one of the closest rivalries in women's tennis - going into their quarterfinal clash in the Chinese capital they were a dead even 5-5 head-to-head, and Kerber had actually won their last two. 

 But this one, their 11th career meeting, was all Radwanska - the No.4-seeded Pole raced through the opening set in just 26 minutes, 6-1, and after falling behind 3-0 in the second set reeled off six of the next seven games to move smoothly through in straight sets over the No.10-seeded German, 6-1, 6-4.  The stat of the match? Radwanska made four - just four - unforced errors, and hit 11 winners. Kerber, meanwhile, had beefier but less tidy numbers, hitting 22 winners to 26 unforced errors.

 "We've known each other for years. Obviously we just played in Stanford, actually a pretty long and tight match. I didn't really expect a shorter match today," Radwanska said. 
"But I think I was doing everything right today. I was handling all the tough conditions well. I started pretty well, too. "Just a few games slipped away in that second set, but I was still playing my tennis anyway."

No hay comentarios: