sábado, 31 de octubre de 2015

Petra Kvitova into Final of the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore 2015. Sharapova out.


And it was exactly the same story in the second semifinal as Kvitova, 1-2, came out swinging against Sharapova, 3-0, reeling off four games in a row to capture the 42-minute opening set, 6-3.

The No.3-seeded Sharapova rebounded in a big way in the second set, storming out to a 5-1 lead, even bringing up a set point at 5-3, but the No.4-seeded Kvitova caught fire one last time, winning five of the next six games to push the set to a tie-break then taking seven of eight points from 2-0 down to close the match out in straight sets, 6-3, 7-6(3), letting out one last battle cry after match point. 

"I didn't expect this, for sure," Kvitova said in her on-court interview after the match.
"I had two losses in my group, and I couldn't really believe I would play the semifinals. 
And I knew Maria would be strong today - she played so well in the round robin group, so I expected a really tough match.

No hay comentarios: