sábado, 11 de marzo de 2017

Johanna Konta in press conference. Bnp Paribas open 2017

The WTA Tour’s reigning MIP (Most Improved Player) started 2016 ranked No. 48 in the world. By year’s end she’d become the first British woman in 33 years to finish inside the Top 10. Konta is off to another strong start in 2017, having reached the Australian Open quarterfinals and registered her second career title in Sydney. BNPParibasOpen.com caught up with the rising 26 year old only moments after her second-round Battle of Britain triumph (6-4, 6-4) over countrywoman and Fed Cup teammate Heather Watson.

Q: Being the top-ranked Brit, how much of an Andy Murray Effect is there for you as far as attention and pressure are concerned?
JK: It's nowhere near what Andy gets, I'm sure. But I think so far everyone has been more curious about my development and how I'm doing — generally quite good support. But I don't pay too much attention to necessarily the media that much. No offense.
 
Q: Go ahead, tell me how you really feel.
JK: I really try to keep myself within my own process and my own, I guess, bubble in a way, and just focus on my work. Because that in turn will enable me to do what I love to do the most, and that's compete

No hay comentarios: