miércoles, 25 de enero de 2017

Serena Williams advances to semis into australian open 2017

Serena Williams is through to her eighth semifinal at Melbourne Park after a 6-2 6-3 domination of world No.9 Johanna Konta.

Serena goes into the semifinal having never being defeated at that stage of the Australian Open, along with claiming her first meeting with the Brit.

The opening set of the match began with the pair both holding serve relatively comfortably, before Serena jumped at Konta’s next service game and broke the Sydney champion on her way to a dominant first set.

The second began ominously for Konta, as she was down 0-40 on her opening service game before roaring back to save all three and break Serena’s serve in the next game before opening up a 3-1 lead.

However that was as good as it would get for the Brit as the 22-time Grand Slam champion ran away with the next five games of the match to storm through to the semifinals.

Even though Williams struggled on her first serve throughout the match, she was pleased her second serve and groundstrokes helped her claim the victory against a world class opponent.

“My first serve wasn't really great, but I've really been working on my second serve. Hasn't been great all tournament,” she said.

“I've been kind of relying on my second serve. Also my whole game. I've been relying on my groundstrokes, forehand, backhand. My returns have really picked up.

No hay comentarios: