martes, 24 de enero de 2017

Venus Williams into semifinals of the australian open 2017

Live your life and forget your age. It’s a simple adage Venus Williams has long subscribed to, one which she only wished her detractors would note.

The 36-year-old again made the best possible statement on Tuesday to stave off questions of hanging up the racquet.

She saw off Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 6-4 7-6(3) to reach her first Australian Open semifinal in 14 years and becomes the oldest to progress as far at a major since Martina Navratilova reached the Wimbledon final in 1994.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so excited. Today was such a hard-fought match and she never let up,” a beaming Williams said.

“We’ve always had these quality matches and I knew today would be nothing less.

“It’s wonderful to be here to start the year out with this appearance. I want to go further, I’m not happy just with this.

“I’m so happy to be in a position to go further.”

No hay comentarios: