martes, 17 de enero de 2017

Karolina Pliskova into 2 round of the australian open 2017

MELBOURNE, Australia
 
Karolina Pliskova kept up her winning ways at the australian open, knocking out Sara Sorribes Tormo, 6-2, 6-0, to reach the second round.

"The first round is always tricky, and I didn't feel that good in the first set there," Pliskova said in her post-match press conference.

The No.5 seed is playing her first Grand Slam tournament since reaching the final of the us open and looked in similarly devestating form against the unseeded Spaniard, hitting 26 winners to just 18 unforced errors.

"I've heard a few things, but I'm not thinking about this," she said when asked about whether she feels like the next in line to capture a maiden major title. "I just don't want to get it into my head. I just want to continue in those things what I was doing the second half of the year last year and even in Brisbane.

No hay comentarios: