viernes, 1 de septiembre de 2017

Jelena ostapenko into 3 round of the us open 2017

Reigning Roland Garros champion Jelena Ostapenko overcame a case of serving woes to triumph 6-4, 6-4 over Sorana Cirstea on Thursday and advance to the third round at the US Open for the first time in three tries.

With the win, the No. 12 seeded Latvian has now surpassed the second round at all four majors this season.

Ostapenko breathed a sigh of relief after earning the second-round win, admitting that she felt lucky to have snuck away with the victory despite her on-court struggles.

"Some games were 0-40 on my serve, so I was fighting to stay in it the whole way," Ostapenko said. "I think probably I was playing better on the big points even though I was not serving so well today, but I was fighting in the rallies."

No hay comentarios: