viernes, 15 de septiembre de 2017

Martina hingis. Two decades ago, a 20-year-old without a Grand Slam title would have struggled to make it at the very top of the sport but things have changed, says the Swiss star.

"I was the youngest in most of the things I did,"  hingis, now 36, told CNN.
"Now, I look back at it and see [today's] juniors and young upcoming players ...You say, 'Oh, Jelena Ostapenko, when she won the French Open she was only 20 years old!'

"And I'm like hang on...Back then when you were 20, if you hadn't won a grand slam by then you were almost too old!

Hingis also discussed the overall pattern of play in matches, indicating a preference for strategy over strength on the court.

"Sometimes I did complain that I want to see a bit more variety and a little bit of strategy in the game," she added.
"You see that more in the men's tennis, but eventually women will return to that. Once you are able to control that power, [you] have the variety out there again. Sometimes I think that's forgotten. 'Hey, tennis is a game. It's not just sheer power!'"

No hay comentarios: