miércoles, 5 de octubre de 2016

Kvitova win's over Muguruza into China open 2016

BEIJING, China
Petra kvitova  put on a stunning performance to close out Wednesday's night session at the China open, decisively dispatching defending champion Muguruza, 6-1, 6-4, to not only reach the quarterfinals in Beijing, but also preserve her hopes of earning a late berth to the bnp Paribas wta finals.

Kvitova came into the match on a seven-match winning streak, having won the China open for the second time in three years. Playing emphatic tennis throughout the 72 minute encounter, the Olympic Bronze medalist struck 27 winners to just 15 unforced errors against Muguruza, the 2015 winner, who hit only five winners of her own.

"I've played eight matches in 10 or 11 days, and I'm still going!" Kvitova joked with WTA Insider. "For sure, I'm feeling it; I do feel a few spots, but when I'm standing on the court, the adrenaline is there. I'm feeling very mentally tough right now, and that's my strength, for sure.

No hay comentarios: