miércoles, 26 de octubre de 2016

Kuznetsova advances to semis into bnp Paribas WTA finals 2016

SINGAPORE 
There may have been no final set haircut, but Kuznetsova underlined her box office status at the bnp Paribas WTA finals 2016 on Wednesday evening with a thrilling victory over Pliskova.

Kuznetsova withstood a spirited late comeback from No.4 seed Pliskova to eventually prevail, 3-6, 6-2, 7-6(6), and confirm her place in the semifinals.

"After my journey here, and all the support of the fans and my team, I couldn't let everybody down," Kuznetsova said to Andrew Krasny in her on-court interview. "It's from my heart. I have not been at my best these past years, but something just changed this year.

"I enjoy my game, I enjoy the crowd, I'm playing against the best players in the world and I really appreciate and am blessed to be here today."

No hay comentarios: