jueves, 27 de octubre de 2016

Dominika Cibulkova advances to semis into bnp Paribas WTA finals 2016

SINGAPORE
Dominika Cibulkova  not only needed to win on Thursday, but she needed a straight set victory to stay in contention for the semifinals at the bnp Paribas WTA finals 2016. She did just that with a 6-3, 7-6(5) win over simona halep; should Angelique Kerber defeat Madison keys in straight sets, the Slovak will join the World No.1 in the semifinals.

"This win is really, really big for me," she said in her post-match press conference. "Really big for me. I feel relieved. I'm really, really happy about my win, about the way I played and the way I handled the situation and the pressure.

"It seems like I'm playing my best tennis under biggest pressure. You know, it's just a great feeling, you know, to beat Simona in two sets - knowing that if I want to go further in the tournament, I have to beat her in two sets. That made me even stronger in the second set."

No hay comentarios: