sábado, 20 de septiembre de 2014

Mónica Niculescu win her second WTA title at the Guangzhou International Women's Open 2014


Things didn't look so great for Niculescu early on in the final, as the No.2-seeded Cornet surged ahead 4-2 in the first set. But from there it was one way traffic in the other direction as Niculescu reeled off 10 games in a row - and at one point eight points in a row - to run away with the match, 6-4, 6-0. 

"I was so happy to finish in the end because it was very hot and very humid, and I was very, very tired," Niculescu said. "But to finish so strong was amazing for me. I have many emotions right now, but most of it is joy and confidence. It's my second WTA title and that's just an amazing feeling." Niculescu was asked why she's so effective in such tough conditions. "I think it's very tough to play against me because I put many balls back and run a lot and fight for every ball - I think in this heat and humidity it's definitely not easy to play against me," she said.

No hay comentarios: