jueves, 4 de septiembre de 2014

SERENA WILLIAMS IN PRESS CONFERENCE. US OPEN 2014.


Q. You seemed to be operating in the fullness of your gifts tonight. What was different about the match? You seemed extremely focused and powerful and everything we're accustomed to from your game.
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, tonight I was just trying to do what I have been working on in practice. She was playing really well and she was playing, you know, very aggressive. So I had to just step up my level of game, as well.
Q. After the slow start, how much did all the matches you played this year and the time you put in help you sort of get out of that sluggish beginning?
SERENA WILLIAMS: It definitely helped. I was thinking that, you know, I'm down two breaks? But I was -- you know, I felt like it's not the end of the world. You can just win one game at a time. That's all I tried to do.
Q. Match play sort of help you with that mentality?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I definitely think match play helps me out a lot getting into that mentality, getting into the groove, and getting back, you know, just getting back in things. I think it was really able to help me out, and I think at the at the end of the day was able to come back from that and get going.
Q. Flavia says it was a match of great level. Do you agree with that? She thinks she plays well, too.
SERENA WILLIAMS: I think she played really well. I think every time I play her she gets better. This is definitely the best she's played me. I really had to step up my game. You know, I really had to step up my game. That's why I was down Love-3. She came out really strong and really hard. It was a very, very good game for her.
Q. How do you feel about playing Makarova? Talk a little bit about the lefty factor, the spins and stuff like that. Are you a little concerned about this match?
SERENA WILLIAMS: No. I have played two lefties already and I often practice with Varvara. She's a lefty. I think that's been good for me, so I'm ready for the lefty. I think it will be a good match. She's beaten me before. I am obviously going to go in there and just try to do the best I can.
Q. How good l Serena Williams have been if she was left handed?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Gosh, I always ask my dad why wasn't I a lefty? Even when I was younger I wanted to be lefty. I could have been really good. (Smiling.)
Q. How many slams?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know. Who knows? I don't know. But lefties are just so cool. I just love lefties. Maybe it's just a hangup I have. We'll never know.
Q. Does it feel like familiar territory now? You have been in the semis more than 20 times in a major. With the struggles you have had, does it still feel like, you know, you have to keep relearning how to take these steps or does it feel like riding a bike once you get to this point?
SERENA WILLIAMS: No. Absolutely for me it's just about every day is a new day. You never know. Especially for me this year, you never know what can happen. I take everything very seriously as it comes.
Q. You had that medical timeout in doubles. It didn't look like there was anything with your ankle today. Where is it?
SERENA WILLIAMS: No, I just was running and I hit a ball behind me. I just landed funny on it. I just needed to retape because the tape had gotten a little loose. That was all.
Q. You say that every day is different. Actually, seeing you serving in doubles the other day, seeing you today, it's a completely different story. Know why that happens?
SERENA WILLIAMS: I don't know.

No hay comentarios: