lunes, 1 de junio de 2015

SAFAROVA INTO QUARTER FINAL OF THE FRENCH OPEN 2015. SHARAPOVA OUT


It's always been a dangerous match-up for Sharapova - she'd won four of their previous five meetings, but their last three matches were marathon three-setters - and from the beginning Safarova gave her trouble, jumping out to a 3-1 lead and, after getting broken back, sneaking the set out in a tie-break. 



 The second set was a similar story, Safarova racing out to a 3-0 lead, Sharapova grinding back to 3-all, and the two staying on serve the next few games. But with Sharapova serving 4-5, Safarova pounced, missing her first match point with a netted forehand but immediately bringing up match point No.2. The No.13-seeded Safarova ripped one last forehand winner to finish Sharapova off, 7-6(3), 6-4. 
 "I feel like I had small openings, and I just wasn't able to play a good few points," Sharapova said. "I just wasn't able to keep that level up today. She was able to do that for a longer period of time. She was the much more aggressive player, took the time away from me, created her angles - and I didn't.

No hay comentarios: