lunes, 15 de junio de 2015

Ana Konjuh conquers of the Aegon Open Nottingham 2015


Heavy rain over the weekend forced the tournament into a second week, but Konjuh was unruffled by the change in schedule, overcoming a disastrous start to triumph, 1-6, 6-4, 6-2. 

 After winning twice on Sunday, Konjuh looked understandably weary-legged early on as she struggled to get to grips with Niculescu's unorthodox game. 
This was the first set the 17-year-old had dropped all week and provided the wake up call required. Once into her stride there was no stopping the young Croat, who romped home to become the youngest player to lift a WTA title since a 15-year-old Tamira Paszek triumphed at Portoroz in 2006. 
 "The first set wasn't going my way but I had to stay calm. I just knew that my game was going to come and I did it much better in the second set. 
I'm really glad to get that win today," Konjuh said. "She's an uncomfortable player to play against, especially on grass with that many slices. 
It's so frustrating. But she has that experience and she took the first set because I wasn't ready for it."

No hay comentarios: