lunes, 23 de febrero de 2015

SARA ERRANI CONQUERS OF THE RIO OPEN 2015


Schmiedlova had never even been to the quarterfinals of a WTA event before this week, let alone a final, and she put up all kinds of resistance in a marathon 73-minute first set, holding set point on Errani's serve at 5-4 and, after missing out on that opportunity, pushing the set to a tie-break. 

 That's when the No.1-seeded Errani came alive, storming through that tie-break and then jumping out to a 4-0 lead in the second set, eventually closing out the No.6-seeded Schmiedlova, 7-6(2), 6-1. "The first set was tough. We played more than an hour," Errani said. 
"We were both fighting hard in that set - she was playing very well and not giving me anything, really. It was also the first time I played her so I needed some time to find my tactics. I was happy I managed to win that set, and in the second set things started going much more my way. I think I was just physically stronger in the end. 
 "Winning a title is always special. This tournament was great and I leave with only good memories." "She was moving really well and she's a really great player," Schmiedlova said. "I played some very good tennis in the first set - the second set was worse, but I'm so happy I was in the final. "This week gave me a lot of confidence. I hope it helps me in my next tournaments." Errani came away with her eighth WTA title. Her first seven WTA titles came in 2008 (Palermo and Portoroz), 2012 (Acapulco, Barcelona, Budapest and Palermo) and most recently 2013 (Acapulco).

No hay comentarios: