martes, 10 de febrero de 2015

Caroline Wozniacki has become the latest WTA megastar to pose for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition 2015


NEW YORK February 2015

As the fifth-ranked women’s tennis player in the world, Caroline Wozniacki has been featured in the pages of Sports Illustrated numerous times since making her WTA debut in 2005. But during a meeting last year at the magazine’s New York City headquarters, Wozniacki volunteered for a much different type of profile with the iconic sports brand.


 “It’s always been a dream of mine [to be in the Swimsuit Issue],” Wozniacki told For The Win Monday in an interview at the “Swim City” pop-up in Manhattan’s Herald Square. “I went to the offices of Sports Illustrated quite a few months ago and threw myself out there. ‘If you need a model or want one, I’m here.’ It must have made a pretty good impression.
” Wozniacki shot with noted photographer Walter Iooss Jr. on Captiva Island on Florida’s Gulf Coast last fall. Although her shoot was only two days after Ronda Rousey’s, Wozniacki experienced much friendlier weather than the UFC women’s bantamweight champ, who recalled a “freezing ass cold” day during her time in the sun. “Walter, the photographer, was unbelievable. He was so quick,” Wozniacki said.
 “I changed into a new swimsuit really quickly and did 12 different suits. I loved every minute of it.”


“Because I travel the world so much and play all over the place and spend so much time over here, the issue is a huge deal for me and my family,” Wozniacki said. “I think because I’m in it this year, Denmark is going crazy about it this year and that’s fun to see.” 
Although she had a disappointing second round exit in last month’s Australian Open, Wozniacki seemed to play much more aggressively towards the end of the 2014 season, particularly in her run the the U.S. Open finals in September. Was there a specific personal moment where she decided that she needed to pursue a more offensive strategy on the court? 
 “It depends on the opponent. I just go out there to try and win and improve,” Wozniacki said. “Defense has always come very naturally to me and I can run a lot of balls down and take the ball early when I need to but keeping that aggressive mindset is just something I keep working on and trying to improve all the time.”

No hay comentarios: