jueves, 19 de febrero de 2015

KAROLINA PLISKOVA IN SEMIS OF THE DUBAI 2015


The No.17-seeded Pliskova was the first to advance, coming back from a set and 3-1 down - and firing 10 aces along the way - to take out No.11 seed and fellow Czech Lucie Safarova, 3-6, 7-6(5), 6-1.


 "The same thing happened yesterday against Ana Ivanovic, I was up a set and a break and it went to three sets," Pliskova said. "It was a similar match, but today it went my way, so I'm really happy. "I have to say Lucie played really well today. I would say she deserved to win as well, but there could only be one winner of course. So I feel a little bit sorry for her. But it was a great match." It's been a breakthrough year for Pliskova, reaching the finals of Sydney and the semifinals of Antwerp and debuting in the Top 20, but this is a whole new level - the big-serving Czech had never even been to the quarterfinals of a Premier 5-level tournament before, let alone the semifinals of one.
"I started really well this season, winning some matches in Australia, and it's given me even more confidence," she said. "I kept going, too. I won two matches in Fed Cup and in Antwerp. I don't want to say automatic, but I'm just going on court every day and doing my best, and it's going my way."

No hay comentarios: