sábado, 28 de febrero de 2015

News: Caroline Garcia vsTimea Bacsinszky. Final of the Abierto Mexicano TELCEL 2015


Good friends Timea Bacsinszky and WTA Rising Star Caroline Garcia will square off for the first time in the final of the Abierto Mexicano TELCEL on Saturday night 

 "I'm really sorry to have to withdraw from the tournament," a disappointed Sharapova said in a statement to media. "I had a great start to the event and was hoping I could recover in time for tonight's match but unfortunately it was not enough time. 
I want to thank the tournament for organizing such a great event and most importantly the fans who were so passionate during all my matches." Caroline Garcia, the No.3 seed, advanced to the final via walkover against the No.1-seeded Sharapova. Garcia, one of the leading WTA Rising Stars, is now through to the second WTA final of her career - she won another International-level event on the clay courts of Bogotá last year.
"It's really sad when your opponent has to withdraw. I hope she'll feel better soon and I wish her all the best," Garcia said. "But I'm happy to be in the final. I always like playing in Acapulco - I've done all my best results in Latin America so I hope they'll have more WTA tournaments here in the future!"

No hay comentarios: