miércoles, 21 de mayo de 2014

ANGELIQUE KERBER ADVANCES IN NURNBERGER VERSICHERUNGS CUP 2014

KERBER IN ROME 2014
Kerber came out firing in this one, reeling off the first four games of the match and eventually closing the first set out in 33 minutes, 6-2. She also jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the second set. Friedsam is one of the WTA's most promising rising stars, though, and she began showing that promise from there, winning three games in a row to get things back on serve. Kerber went up a break twice later in the set, for 4-3 and 5-4, but Friedsam broke back both times, and they went to a breaker.
 But all of Kerber's talent and experience came bursting out at that moment - the No.1-seeded German didn't drop another point, eventually closing out her young compatriot in straights, 6-2, 7-6(0). "The first set was good - I was feeling good and I found my rhythm," Kerber said. "In the second set Anna-Lena was playing great.
She was playing much more aggressive. But I was happy about my game plan and that I was able to win, and I'm really happy to get more matches before Paris.
 "But Anna-Lena is a great young German talent, and for sure she has a good future."

No hay comentarios: