domingo, 25 de mayo de 2014

SERENA WILLAMS IN PRESS CONFERENCE. ROLAND GARROS 2014.



Q.  Can you tell us how do you feel playing on a Sunday, Sunday start during a Slam?  Is it a good thing, you think, for a tournament?
    SERENA WILLIAMS:  I think it's a good thing for the tournament, for sure.  They get an extra day, they're able to have more fans come out.  It's different for the players.  Usually you're ready to start on Monday.  But, you know, now if you come to Roland Garros you might play on Sunday, so you've got to get ready for it.

    Q.  Can you tell us what you thought of the match?  The beginning you were fighting hard.  It was close a little bit first three, four games.  Then you steamed the whole match. 
    SERENA WILLIAMS:  Yeah, the beginning was    I think the match, a lot of the matches went to 30 All or so.  So I think the games were actually pretty close.
    It was interesting.  I was a little nervous, like I always am in my first round.  It's kind of always hard for me to shake those nerves and go from there.

    Q.  Can you talk about your friendship with Alize?  I know you two have spent a fair amount of time together, and she's not even on the main, high level tour yet.  So how close are you?
    SERENA WILLIAMS:  She's been doing a lot better.  She's been playing a lot.  She's been just getting so much better, and she just made up her mind that she wanted to compete and be one of the best.
    I'm really proud of her.  She's just rising in the rankings really, really well. 
    Yeah, we train, you know, in the same facilities.  It's hard, though, because everyone is on tour, and so, you know, we see each other.  It's fun. 
    We just kind of all get along.  We just go to dinner every now and then.  So it's interesting.  It's fun.



    Q.  You said you were nervous today, which might surprise some considering how long you have been a performer, but others not.  Just talk about your nerves over the years.  What event were you the most nervous?  Was it the Olympics?  Was it your coming out tournament?  How your nerves have evolved over the years. 
    SERENA WILLIAMS:  I think in general for me I'm always, always have a little bit of nerves and just I try to harness them and put it in the right place. 
    As for the most nervous is very difficult to say.  I was extremely nervous last year here in the final.  The whole match I could barely get there.  I was really, really, really nervous.  Then also the US Open I was nervous.  But then in my career early on, you play big matches, you get nervous. 
    So I think it's nice to have a little bit of that, because it means that you still have a passion for it.  You still have this inside feeling that you want to do really well or else the nerves wouldn't be there.

    Q.  Can you remember just your body shaking at one particular match or your hands shaking?
    SERENA WILLIAMS:  Not my body per se, but definitely I have had a few hands shaking every now and then.
    But not so often.  You just kind of try to get through those moments.

    Q.  How would you compare your form this year on the clay compared to last year?
    SERENA WILLIAMS:  Well, I was in really top form last year on the clay, or at least I thought I was. 
    This year I'm just going day by day.

No hay comentarios: