domingo, 29 de diciembre de 2013

MARIA SHARAPOVA IN PRESS CONFERENCE. BRISBANE INTERNACIONAL


BRISBANE, Australia - 
After four and a half months out, there are obviously a lot of questions to ask Maria Sharapova - and that's what the press did on Sunday. Here's a taste of what she said... 

 On her recovery from the shoulder injury that kept her out...
 "I'm feeling really good. I knew from the moment I withdrew from the Open that I was going to give myself the right amount of time I needed. Whether that was a week, a month, a few months, I didn't know. 
I'd been playing with an injured shoulder for a while, so it was important for me to take that time."

 On keeping her motivation despite having won all the biggest prizes in the game... 
"Certainly when you're doing it for so many years of your life there are moments where you feel like you need a pick-me-up. I didn't play for a few months, and that was the reason for me to get back out there.
 "I know when I'm healthy how I can play. I needed to get healthy. 
That was motivation on its own." 

 On her new team, including new coach Sven Groeneveld...
 "I have a few new team members. Obviously new coach, Sven. From the first time we met I really liked what he had to say. 
He came in as a very experienced person, player. One of the things I've always liked in a coach is when he coached against me - and he's been there for many years coaching against me - and I like when someone comes in and is honest and says it like it is. He's that. He puts it all out on the table. 
He's a team player. He works with everyone on my team, something I was missing. "I also have a new physio this year, Jerome, who has been great, and who has also had a lot of experience with the French Federation, Amélie Mauresmo. But other than that, I think it's the same." 



 On the things she and Grigor Dimitrov have in common... 
"We share a lot of the same things just because we have an elephant in the room that's called tennis. But there are so many other things to life besides tennis, and there are a lot more things to discuss than forehands and backhands and strings and racquets, which we share similar ideas on." 

 On whether her upbringing helps motivate her... 
"I think part of how you grow up and the experiences you had in your childhood certainly develop your mentality and the way you think and observe life and the position you're in today. 
I'll always know where I came from and how I came to this position. It's a very fortunate story. 
Maybe some people that do the same things don't get the same results. It's always tough to see, and I consider myself very lucky. 
That's why I don't take anything for granted, especially since my shoulder surgery. 
 "I appreciate everything I get. Sometimes it's hard to look at it that way, but you have to."

Source_ wta official

No hay comentarios: