miércoles, 11 de diciembre de 2013

A Day In The Life by Petra Kvitova.


With the new season now just a matter of weeks away, the great and good of the WTA are busy dotting the I's and crossing the T's ahead of the big kick off. 
 Among their number is Petra Kvitova, who after finishing 2013 with an encouraging showing at the WTA Championships has been ramping up for the new campaign in Bradenton, Florida with her coach, David Kotyza, and fitness guru, Marek Vseticek. 
So what does a day in the life of a Grand Slam champion look like? 
Read on to find out…
 7am - Wake up. 
 7.30am - I run for 20 minutes. Just light jogging around the neighborhood to wake up my body and get my blood moving. 8am - Stretching for 10-20 minutes, which is good for tired muscles. 
 8.30am - Breakfast. I usually have muesli with yogurt and fruit - blueberries and raspberries are my favorite - and I drink green tea.
9.30am - One and a half hours of tennis practice with David. In the pre-season I do a lot of drills on my groundstrokes - crosscourt, down the line, etc. - and then I will put in a lot of work on my serve towards the end of the session. 11am - Running again for 30 minutes - there is a lot of running now I am working with Marek! 
 11.30am - Stretching again - very important when my body is working so hard. 
 12.30 - Lunch. I try to have a light lunch but something light like sushi, which is my favorite food. Short rest after lunch.
2pm - Fitness training for another one and a half hours. This is where we really work the muscles but we change a lot, sometimes sprints, sometimes exercises in the gym. 
 5pm - Massage. And by this point in the day my muscles really need it! 
 7pm - Dinner. I try to get as much protein as possible, so I have meat - usually chicken or beef - with lots of veggies and salad. 
 8.30pm - Relaxing time. I am watching some Czech TV series at the moment which are really good.
 9pm - I am usually so exhausted that I am in bed by 9pm and too tired to even read my book!


source: wta official

No hay comentarios: