sábado, 8 de julio de 2017

Bethanie Mattek-Sands suffered an acute knee injury in her match against Sorana Cirstea . Wimbledon 2017

LONDON, Great Britain 

After suffering an acute knee injury in her match against Sorana Cirstea, a tearful Bethanie Mattek-Sands updated fans on her condition via Facebook Live.

"I ruptured my patellar tendon, and I’m going to be needing surgery, so I'll be out for a while," she said.

Mattek-Sands also dislocated her patella in her fall, saying that she heard a "pop" in her leg as she stepped towards the net.

"I knew it was either dislocated or broken, and at that point, I kind of freaked out," she said.

The American thanked her friends and fans for their support, adding: "All your messages have been really inspiring and have meant a lot to me. The support has been amazing. I’ll get through this."

She paid particular tribute to opponent Cirstea for her care and concern, saying: "Sorana was there as my friend. It didn’t really matter we were in the middle of a match. It means a lot to me. She’s an amazing person."


No hay comentarios: