sábado, 24 de junio de 2017

Petra kvitova into final of the Aegon Classic Birmingham 2017

BIRMINGHAM, England 
Petra Kvitova moved into the final at the Aegon Classic in Birmingham for the first time in her career on Saturday, as compatriot Lucie Safarova was forced to retire with a lingering right leg injury in the semifinals with Kvitova leading 6-1, 1-0.

In just her second tournament back following a hand injury suffered in a home invasion in December, Kvitova returns to a WTA final for the first time since winning the WTA Elite Trophy in Zhuhai in November.

"I was just thinking about my game, and yeah, I'm sorry for her that she's unhealthy, but I hope she will be better soon," Kvitova said. "I think she had a great run here for sure. I'm happy that I'm in the final, but the way I am going is a bit weird. The hand is good, which is the best news which I can have, and I am not feeling any pain, and that's the best news."

No hay comentarios: