martes, 31 de mayo de 2016

Stosur win's over halep into french open 2016.

Stosur returns to the quarterfinals
For the first time since 2012, Stosur is back into the quarterfinals of a major. The 32-year-old, who made the final here in 2010, backed up her big third round win over safarova with another self-assured performance to beat Halep for her first Top 10 win since 2014.

"I don't typically like the heavy, wet, damp conditions, but today I was able to use them I think a lot better, I think, than she was," Stosur said. "I didn't necessarily think about hitting with heavy spin, but more higher over the net I guess to get the same kind of result.

"Having a slice backhand I can then hit it a bit shorter, keep it low over the net. The court is dead and wet. If you keep it low it doesn't bounce that much. I think that really kept her off-balance when I was hitting my slice, whether I was going deep or short. Yeah, when it's harder to move, that makes it just that a little bit harder. Like I said, then with my forehand, just that little bit of extra height to push her back was working well for me."

No hay comentarios: