sábado, 28 de mayo de 2016

Ana Ivanovic out into french open 2016. Elina Svitolina win!

PARIS, France 
Elina Svitolina returned to the fourth round of the French open with a straight set win over former champion Ana Ivanovic.

In seven previous meetings, including two french open,  Svitolina had taken just one set from Ivanovic, but she turned the tables in impressive fashion on Saturday to triumph, 6-4, 6-4.

Svitolina could not disguise her delight when the Serb's forehand found the net on match point, treating the Court 1 crowd to a 360-degree pirouette and fist pump.

"I think it was better mentality than other matches before, the other seven matches," Svitolina said. "And the game, I was really confident today. I don't know. Just everything was right. Today I was doing right things. Even missing bad shots, I was trying to stay positive and to play my tennis.

"I think it was working really well today, and I was really happy that I could stay in such a high level against her, and still having in my mind that I'm 0-7 down. And it was tough, but I'm really happy that I could finish the match two sets."

No hay comentarios: