miércoles, 4 de mayo de 2016

Daria Gavrilova win's over kvitova into Madrid open 2016

While Gavrilova's game never wavered, Kvitova's failure to find her range was the source of increasing frustration. In the penultimate game of the opening set, a backhand into the net capped off a string of unforced errors that gift wrapped the decisive break.

It prompted the Czech to fling her hands skywards, and another break at the start of the second did little to lift her mood. Meanwhile, Gavrilova's neat and tidy approach - she made 18 unforced errors to Kvitova's 30 - continued to pay dividends, helping her out of couple of close games and safely across the finishing line.

Kvitova went into the tournament with an abdomen strain, an injury that affected not only her serve during the match but also her preparation beforehand.

"I think Daria really played a solid match. I couldn't put everything together out there - I was still dealing with the pain from Stuttgart" Kvitova said. "I couldn't really practice for a week. I'm glad that I won two matches and I'm glad that it feels like it's getting better, so hopefully I can start to do more fitness and tennis practice."

No hay comentarios: