martes, 16 de febrero de 2016

Ana Ivanovic win's over Gavrilova in dubai 2016

After a difficult start to the year, Ivanovic showed signs of recovery during a run to the semifinals in St. Petersburg, and carried on from where she left off against Gavrilova.

Ivanovic utilized the fast conditions to devastating effect, 19 winners (offset by just 16 unforced errors) helping her to a 6-1, 6-0 victory.

In their previous meeting, last year in Rome, Gavrilova had prevailed in a rollercoaster, but it was clear early on that the rematch would be rather more brief.

A string of unforced errors, culminating in a double fault, saw Gavrilova surrender serve in the second game. While she broke back immediately, the Australian was powerless in the face of Ivanovic's onslaught.

The former World No.1 struck early in the second set, too, a couple of sweetly timed backhands bringing a break in the first game. With the forehand, usually the barometer for the Serb's game, also firing on all cylinders, from here a comeback never looked on the cards.

"We played once before and it was a battle on clay, so I knew it was a tough match and I had to step up because I knew she's a great mover and she strikes the ball really well," Ivanovic said.

"Here the ball flies a little bit, so I tried to use that to my advantage and move forward a little bit. And I did that very well and was very aggressive on my returns, so overall I'm very happy."

No hay comentarios: