domingo, 7 de febrero de 2016

Netherlands win 's over Russia in Fed cup 2016. The best moments

MOSCOW, RUSSIA

Kiki Bertens defeated Svetlana Kuznetsova in straight sets in the opening reverse singles rubber in Moscow to send Netherlands through to the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas semifinals for the first time since 1997. 

“This is unbelievable. I don’t think anyone expected that we could win this tie, perhaps we even didn’t. It’s an unbelievable feeling,” said a delighted Bertens after the match.

It was always going to be a tall order for the 30-year-old St. Petersburg native who had played a marathon four-hour encounter against Richel Hogenkamp in Saturday’s opening singles.

Just over 12 hours later, the Russian would take to the court again and Berten’s tactics were clear for all to see. The World No. 106 took every opportunity to move her opponent round the court with Kuznetsova understandably looking weary.

“Normally that is my game, but sometimes I make a few more mistakes, but I think I was playing good and aggressive and was using my forehand well and trying to move her around. I also had in my mind that yesterday she played a four hour match, so even if this was to go into a third [set] I would still be feeling good,” Bertens added.

No hay comentarios: