sábado, 6 de febrero de 2016

Germany 1 Switzerland 1. Fed cup 2016. Kerber win

LEIPZIG, GERMANY

Angelique Kerber marked her homecoming in style as the Australian Open champion beat Timea Bacsinszky in straight sets to level the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Cup first round tie between Germany and Switzerland at 1-1.

Some had feared Kerber might suffer something of a hangover after claiming her first Grand Slam title in Melbourne but, just seven days after beating Serena Williams, the new world No. 2 showed no signs of any physical and mental fatigue as she beat Timea Bacsinszky 61 63 in just 74 minutes.

Kerber will have to bring a similarly high level to the court on Sunday in the first reverse singles rubber against Belinda Bencic, the 18-year-old world No. 11 who further impressed with a 63 64 win against Andrea Petkovic in the opening rubber of the tie.

Kerber said: "I’m happy with my performance, I’m happy with how I’m playing. Timea is a great player. I was just trying to enjoy every moment out here on court.

"I have just positive emotions. The crowd was unbelievable. You’re playing at home, this gives you much more energy."

No hay comentarios: