viernes, 4 de julio de 2014

EUGENIE BOUCHARD IN PRESS CONFERENCE. THE CHAMPIOSHIPS WIMBLEDON 2014


Q. How much of a relief is it to get past the semis this time and make it into a Grand Slam final? 
 EUGENIE BOUCHARD: I wouldn't use the word 'relief,' but I'm happy to get to my first Grand Slam final. It's very exciting. It's what I've worked so long for, you know. I'm just proud of myself for today's effort. 

 Q. You seemed so subdued in victory. What are the emotions that you experienced on the court when you realized you were in the Wimbledon final? 
EUGENIE BOUCHARD: Well, I felt like it should have happened a game earlier, so I already had that emotion in my head already. But, you know, it's not like a surprise to me. I expect good results like this. So for me, I was like, Okay, good. It's a step in the right direction. I get to play in the final. You know, I still have another match, so it's not a full celebration yet. 


 Q. What does this mean to you to be the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam final? 
EUGENIE BOUCHARD: I get to make Canadian history again. It's always exciting and special when I can make history. My job is not done. I want to go another step further. So I'm going to stay focused and enjoy it after. 



 Q. What went on with the first match point? You seemed to have a long discussion with the umpire. EUGENIE BOUCHARD: Yeah, when Simona tossed I heard someone scream in the crowd. It had happened a few times already. This time I didn't feel prepared to return. So I put my hand up. The umpire told me he heard it, as well, but he just didn't see my hand go up. But, you know, it only went up after someone screamed, which was pretty much when she was going to serve. I don't know, somewhat of an unfortunate incident. I didn't feel ready to return and I put my hand up. Yeah, I felt like we should have replayed the point, but he said, no, it was her point. I took it as a challenge and tried to keep going.

No hay comentarios: