martes, 29 de julio de 2014

Agnieszka Radwanska in the bank of the west classic 2014


The rapid emergence of WTA Rising Stars like Simona Halep and Eugenie Bouchard has changed the demographic makeup at the top, leaving Radwanska and her peers wondering where all the time went.

 "There are so many younger girls playing so well," Radwanska said during Monday's All Access Hour in Stanford. "This year, definitely Eugenie Bouchard, she's been really good, especially in the Grand Slams - one semi, one final. I think it's a very good year for her and of course she's playing great tennis. "But it's not only her, there are other girls coming up, and they're 17, 18 years old, so it can make some of us feel pretty old! You know, time flies. It feels like two years ago that I was 18, and I remember those times really well: my first matches on tour; first time playing against big names in big stadiums; the first time I was on TV - I was so nervous before I went on court." Radwanska, who broke the Top 50 one month before her 18th birthday, also remembers her rapid ascent through the tennis ranks and the emotions that came with it. "I remember also those times going on court and losing, then a few months later going on court and beating someone in the Top 30, then a few more months later, someone in the Top 10," she added. Such is the strength and depth of the current Top 100, Radwanska admits that emulating her own teenage achievements is a stiff challenge. "The tour is definitely a lot stronger now. I can really feel that now from the first round at tournaments. Sometimes you get an easy scoreline, but usually it's someone who I have to really push myself 100% to beat.

No hay comentarios: