jueves, 26 de junio de 2014

VENUS WILLIAMS IN PRESS CONFERENCE. THE CHAMPIOSHIPS WIMBLEDON 2014


Q. In my opinion that was a good game today, classy game from a classy lady. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you describe it? 
 VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, you know, I think at the important points in the game I was able to lift my game a little. That's what you really want to do. Then also in the second set lift my game. I thought she played well. Yeah. 
 Q. At any point were you worried? 
 VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, I mean, walking out there I know that no one's going to give me a match. You don't get given a match, especially at the majors. I knew all points I would have to work for. 
 Q. What reason was it that you were late for the start of the match? 
 VENUS WILLIAMS: Was I late?
 Q. Yes. 
 VENUS WILLIAMS: What is late? I wasn't watching the clock. I headed out and got to the match and we started. 
 Q. There was no reason, no delay?
 VENUS WILLIAMS: No. I don't think I was late. 
 Q. It was suggested there might have been a change of apparel. 
 VENUS WILLIAMS: I don't know. I mean, I guess she got there early. I don't know what time she got there. Typically the opponents walk out together is what I thought. That's usually what happens. I don't know. We got there at different times. That's pretty much the story. 
 Q. It wasn't a story of you having to change an item of your clothing because it was colored or anything? VENUS WILLIAMS: No. Who said that? 
 Q. It was a suggestion. 
 VENUS WILLIAMS: That's weird. 
 Q. Both you and Serena have talked about the upcoming Olympics in a couple years. Looking ahead, I'm wondering, when you come out to play here, having been here so many years, do you ever think, This might be my last singles match at Wimbledon or do you not think that way? 
 VENUS WILLIAMS: No, I definitely don't think that way. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

No hay comentarios: