jueves, 19 de junio de 2014

Simona Halep was forced to retire at the Topshelf Open 2014. Halep in Wimbledon?


Halep, the No.1 seed at the International-level grass court event, did a good job of rallying to win the first set - she was down 4-1 but managed to squeak it out, 7-5 - but down 3-2 in the second set the pain was just a little too much to handle. 

Beck advanced with a 5-7, 3-2 retirement victory. The World No.3 is still hopeful for a good run at Wimbledon, where she'll be the No.3 seed. 
 "I think it was a good match today," she said after the match. "The injury isn't very dangerous, but I was cold on the court and the muscle at my shoulder and rib was contracted, and the physio told me I should stop playing, because it could have gotten worse. But I will be fine for Wimbledon." It may not have come the way she wanted it, but Beck, a WTA Rising Star, scored her first Top 10 win.

No hay comentarios: