jueves, 31 de julio de 2014

SERENA WILLIAMS ADVANCES IN STANFORD. Bank of the west classic 2014


Williams' last two tournaments didn't yield the results she wanted - second round at the French, third round at Wimbledon. But she won Stanford the last two times she was here, in 2011 and 2012, and that streak continued on Wednesday as she won her 10th match in a row at the Premier-level event. 


 The World No.1 not only put together a +10 differential of winners to unforced errors, 29 to 19, but she was also at her very best on the big points, converting on all three of her break point chances. She also served up a storm, nine aces to be exact, and won 11 of 14 points when she came to net. "I was playing a player I knew was going to be very difficult to break, so it was really important for me to be super focused on my serve today," Williams said.
 "I'm still taking it a match at a time though - I'm just worried about doing what I want to do and what I've been practicing on the court. "But I wasn't feeling any nerves today. I felt good. And I felt fine physically." Next up is either No.5 seed Ana Ivanovic or Canadian qualifier Carol Zhao, who play Thursday.

No hay comentarios: