jueves, 20 de febrero de 2020

Simona Halep advances to SF in 2020 Dubai Open

The 3-6, 6-2, 6-2 result flipped the script of the pair's last meeting - a straight-sets victory for the Belarusian in the quarterfinals of the Adelaide International in January - where Halep admitted that she couldn't "touch the ball that much" against a redlining Sabalenka. 

"I think I started to play a little bit stronger in the second set and find rhythm," Halep said on-court after the match. "It's always tough to play against her because she's very strong and hits the ball really, really hard, so I had to play faster, be quicker on court and give everything I had to win.

"Always, it's tough against her because she's a little bit taller than me and she has a lot of power. I just had to block some balls, and to get the initiative to go and open the court."

No hay comentarios: