jueves, 27 de abril de 2017

Maria Sharapova win's over Makarova in Stuttgart 2017. Press conference

Maria Sharapova vs Makarova 7-5, 6-1


"I think after yesterday's match it was tough for me to assess the quality of my level and how I played, because it was more of an emotional match, just to be back after a long time.  

"Today, I felt like I was able to settle down and get in more rallies and I felt like we had longer rallies today which was great for me, because I got a chance to slide, to work on the movement, to get back in position - all the things you kind of miss when you don't compete."

Sharapova advances to face qualifier Anett Kontaveit, with a place in the semifinals on the line.

"It's such an interesting change; there's nothing like being in a tournament...I felt pretty good, and I think the adrenaline of just being excited and looking forward to competing and the challenge of every opponent, and the difference of play in each opponent, I'm mentally excited for it. It's just a great feeling to have; you kind of forget about everything you're feeling in your body after not playing for 15 months."

No hay comentarios: