jueves, 2 de julio de 2015

MARIA SHARAPONA INTO 3 ROUND OF THE WIMBLEDON 2015


Maria Sharapova was pretty flawless against another Dutchwoman at Wimbledon on Wednesday, cruising past Richel Hogenkamp in just 65 minutes. 

 She had some struggles with her serve, one ace being outweighed by eight double faults, but the rest of her game produced twice as many winners as unforced errors - 22 to 11 - and at the end of the day the No.4-seeded Sharapova was just too much for Dutch qualifier Hogenkamp, cruising, 6-3, 6-1. 
The most encouraging stat? Sharapova won 10 of her 13 net approaches during the match. 


 "I didn't find the rhythm on my serve in a few of those games," Sharapova said. "I think the good thing, though, is that I regained my timing and started tossing the ball a little bit more consistently. "Overall, it was different conditions that my first round match. The court played a lot slower. 
We had a lot longer rallies. I didn't get a huge advantage off the serve or the return today - I didn't serve my best - and maybe I made a few too many unforced errors. But overall, once we got into the rallies, once I realized I needed to be a little more patient, then things started working a little better for me."

No hay comentarios: