sábado, 18 de enero de 2014

MUGURUZA IN PRESS CONFERENCE, AUSTRALIAN OPEN. 18 JANUARY 2014


Q.  Did you expect such a tough battle today?GARBINE MUGURUZA:  I expect it.  I know Caroline is a great player and great fighter.  I was really prepared for big fight like today.

Q.  What was the key to having success today?GARBINE MUGURUZA:  The key was more to be strong mentally, especially in the third set, because we both were playing so good.  To be strong, like to keep fighting was the difference.

Q.  Was that your first time on Rod Laver Arena?  Did it feel different at all?GARBINE MUGURUZA:  It's not the first time.  Last year I played also.
But it's difficult in the beginning because it's a very big court and you have to be like concentrated, because it's like really big on the sides and there's a lot of people.
So in the beginning it's hard, but then you don't realize you're playing the center court.  You just keep on playing the match.

Q.  Have you played Radwanska before?GARBINE MUGURUZA:  Yeah, I played her like two years ago and I lost, so it's a difficult match.

Q.  You've only played her once?GARBINE MUGURUZA:  Yeah, only once.

Q.  How do you prepare for a match like that?GARBINE MUGURUZA:  Yeah, well, today I don't want to think about Radwanska.  But, yeah, tomorrow we will start to prepare the match, to focus on the tactic, and to see what's the key to win.

Q.  How is the win today given the occasion, how does it rank?GARBINE MUGURUZA:  It's a great win.  It's a great win.  I think is the first time    no, not the first time I win a top 10 player.  But is amazing to win center court a top 10 player like Caro.
So I'm really happy.

Q.  Is it a big relief that today we have 20 degrees, not 40?GARBINE MUGURUZA:  Yeah, today was much better.  The difference is important 'cause before was so hot.  Now was like perfect to play.  So it's so good.

No hay comentarios: