lunes, 4 de junio de 2018

Serena Williams was forced to pull out of Roland Garros due to an injury on Monday, giving Maria Sharapova a walkover into the quarterfinals.

PARIS, France
Serena Williams was forced to withdraw from the French Open ahead of her fourth round match against Maria Sharapova due to an injury. 

The highly-anticipated round of 16 match was set to be the fourth match on Court Philippe Chatrier on Monday, but Williams' injury gives Sharapova a walkover into the quarterfinals. 

"I've unfortunately been having issues with my pec muscle and unfortunately it's been getting worse," Williams told reporters in a press conference.

"Right now, I can’t actually serve so it’s actually hard to play when I can’t physically serve.

"It didn't start before I got here. The first time I felt it was against Goerges in my last match. That's when I started to feel it. It was really painful and I didn't know what it was."

No hay comentarios: