martes, 1 de marzo de 2016

Venus Williams published her thoughts on returning to the BNP Paribas Open 2016

One month after she officially announced her intent to return to the bnp Paribas open  for the first time since 2001, seven-time Grand Slam champion venus williams wrote at length about her decision and close bond with her sister, World No.1 serena williams , in the Players Tribune.

"Being the big sister," she said, "I didn't take that responsibility lightly. I knew what she was going through - debuting as a professional tennis player, growing up in front of a camera, entering public life as a young black teenager - and I knew how hard that could be. And I knew how much I would have loved to have had a big sister on tour during my first year, and how much pride I took in the knowledge that my little sister had me. Serena always has me."

Venus and Serena had stayed away from Indian Wells for nearly 15 years following an ugly incident that left both sisters, who were still in the nascent stages of their careers at the time, feeling profoundly unwelcome in a sport they loved.

No hay comentarios: