viernes, 11 de marzo de 2016

Laura Robson out in Indian wells 2016.

Robson lost to Rybarikova in the first round but there were encouraging signs in the loss. The former British No.1 says she's been pain-free since January, the longest pain-free stint of her two-year battle with a left wrist injury that required surgery.

"It's been the hardest thing for me to translate what I've been doing on the practice court to matches so I was pretty happy with that and everything else can definitely be worked on," Robson said. "[Get back to] feeling confident enough in the rally to move up in the court, finish shots with volleys, drive volleys, getting that variation in my game. Obviously the forehand was a bit messy, but it's all stuff that can be improved. That's the good thing about it. As long as I'm healthy I can train as much as possible and get as much work in."

Ranked No.551, Robson used her protected ranking to get into the main draw in Indian Wells and will use the rest of her protected ranking allotments through the first week of the grass season.

"My protected runs out in Eastbourne so I'd kind of be an idiot not to use them all before then," Robson said. "As much as I'd like to get more matches in at the qualifying level it would be a waste not to use them. So I plan to play virtually all the clay season, Paris, and I think I'll have one left for the first week on grass."

No hay comentarios: