miércoles, 30 de marzo de 2016

Azarenka vs konta. Quarter finals. Order of play. 30 march 2016

Wednesday, Quarterfinals

Victoria azarenka vs Johanna konta  
Head to head 1 0

Key Stat: Azarenka is bidding to become the first player to complete the Indian Wells-Miami double since 2005 (Clijsters).
Azarenka is back in the Top 10, riding a nine-match winning streak, and showing no signs of slowing down ahead of her quarterfinal with Great Britain's konta. With memories of her last two injury-marred seasons rapidly vanishing in the rearview mirror, the two-time Miami champion is oozing positive energy. "I think I'm a better player right now, just the way I handle myself on the court," Azarenka said after handling Garbiñe  in two sets.
"I think my game is developing with pretty big progress right now, and that's what I'm most happy about, is being able to add a little bit more every time I play." Trying to keep Azarenka from adding to her winning streak is one of the surprise stories of 2016 in konta. The 24-year-old, already the first British woman to reach the quarterfinals in the history of this event, is looking to reach the semifinals on her debut. Konta is energized by her latest achievement, but aims only to look forward. "It's a wonderful thing to have on paper and for other people to recognize," Konta told the BBC of her latest milestone. "But I am very much in the moment in this tournament and it's not over for me."

No hay comentarios: