viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2014

Serena Williams has been voted WTA Player Of The Year for the sixth time.


It was a massive year for Serena Williams, with an historic 18th Grand Slam title, the biggest payout in tennis history and Year-End World No.1 presented by Dubai Duty Free among her many accomplishments. 

And now another one - she's WTA Player Of The Year. "I'm really grateful and humbled to receive this award," Williams said of Friday's news. "It's been an amazing year. I'm truly blessed to be playing at this level this far into my career. 
I feel incredibly supported by my team, my family, the tennis community and the fans. I'm just so happy - thank you!" Halfway through the year it looked like Williams' World No.1 status might be in trouble - she had fallen early at the first three majors of the year and she was down at No.6 on the Road To Singapore leaderboard, the year-long journey to the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global.

No hay comentarios: