viernes, 10 de julio de 2015

NEWS WIMBLEDON 2015. MARTINA HINGIS VS MIRZA. Women's Doubles - Final?


We all remember Martina Hingis' Wimbledon singles title in 1997, but what about doubles?



"It would be awesome to win this doubles title. That's what we are here for. We are the No.1 seeds. So that's obviously the main goal to go as far as possible into the draw. We have been playing well so far.
How do I compare my singles and doubles titles at Wimbledon?
Of course, playing singles was always more demanding, but I always said that I was a better doubles player than I was singles player. It felt easier and more natural for me, and you only had half the court to cover," Hingis told wtatennis.com.
"I used to kind of joke about it, but I think now I realize that it was actually true. That shows now that I'm able to play doubles. But it's not only about hitting the ball hard, but about finesse and strategy. It's more about placement.
It doesn't make much sense if you hit the ball hard but if it goes straight at the racket of the opponent. These days, everyone can put the ball away."

By Mark Hodgkinson

No hay comentarios: